DAY 1 - RETURN TO THE LORD

*** First Time Visitors ***
Please go to the First Time Visitors tab or  go to THE GAP tab 
If you want to share what we are doing with a friend please direct them using the URL for that page.
                                     ============================

RETURN TO THE LORD - DAY 1        AUGUST 5 - 8:36 pm



The 40 days of praying for the return of this region (MN river valley) to the Lord begins at Sundown tonight -Sundown Times August
We hope to have a message sent out for each day reminding us all to pray, sharing a scripture for encouragement and direction. 

Today's scripture is Psalm 27 traditionally recited twice daily during this 40 day period each year. If you want to do that you can save this e-mail or star it so you have the Scripture at the ready wherever you find yourself. 

In the story of Elijah on Mt. Carmel, he allowed the prophets of Baal to perform their fruitless religious activities all day; He waited until the time of the evening offering to pray a simple prayer and call down fire from heaven to consume the offering, the water, the wood and even the stones of the altar. The famous quote of the day was "How long will you falter between two opinions, if Baal is God serve him and if the Lord is GOD serve Him."
  
Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. James 5 :17-1
Perhaps this evening at sundown (the time of the evening sacrifice) you want to pray 
a simple prayer inviting the fire of God to come down and clear the decks, 
so to speak for the next 40 days.

New King James Version (NKJV)

An Exuberant Declaration of Faith

A Psalm of David.


The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me, To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell.
Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; 
Though war may rise against me, In this I will be confident.
One thing I have desired of the LordThat will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord, All the days of my life, 
To behold the beauty of the LordAnd to inquire in His temple.
For in the time of trouble, He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle, He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.
And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
Hear, O Lordwhen I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
Do not hide Your face from me; Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help; Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the Lord will take care of me.
11 Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
14 Wait on the LordBe of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!-- 

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?