DAY 12 - THE KISS OF GOD



*** First Time Visitors ***
Please go to the First Time Visitors tab or  go to THE GAP tab 
If you want to share what we are doing with a friend please direct them using the URL for that page.
                                     ============================

DAY 12 - begins Friday at sundown.

It is said that "Prayer changes Things" but for you who have walked this road for any length of time you know that , Prayer changes the Person who prays. 

He or she sees things change partly because their eyesight has changed and through faith they can see the unseen at work, moving and changing and bringing life to the desert places. Partly because they are looking at things that God has already desired to change, He directs us with His eyes.

The seeds were always there laying dormant under the burning desert sands, but as water begins falls from the eyes of those who weep over Jerusalem and the condition of the church in a wasteland of religion.  Spring comes to the desert and the desert bursts into the colors of NEW life.

We are the point of God's greatest Salvation work, he wants to rule over our hearts, our minds, our actions, our prayers. If He can capture our hearts, if he can become our first love, then His essence will be evidenced in us, the fragrance of Christ will be the scent of our lives, our actions, our petitions, and we will express the goodness and grace of our eternal Father, the Kiss of God to others, both inside and outside of the organized church structures.

Let's take this excerpt from The Kiss of God and pray down through it today taking time with each point an letting the Holy Spirit convict and motivate, even to full our mouths as we open them in prayer, release Him to rule and reign over our lives and over our attempts to serve, to minister.

Relinquish control, fall into the arms of your Savior that Christ might be manifested in us to this region and beyond. That we might reflect the glory and the fullness of Christ (the perfect man) the only Savior. I have bolded certain phrases that might apply to you  but invite the Holy Spirit to take your hand and guide you through as you pray.  DAS

Excerpt from The Kiss of God - Mike Evans.

The great embarrassment I now face is that the remarkable 
part of these stories is not how marvelously or how often God 
has manifested Himself through me, but rather how little He does 
and how rare are those precious times.  Mike Evans

I have hindered Him, too self-centered to understand that He was not blessing “me and my 
ministry” but allowing me to take part in His ministry
I assumed that I had a gift of the Holy Spirit empowering me, when the truth is that the person of Jesus Christ had simply found a way to work through me to glorify the Father.

Because we are Christians, we rarely dream we could be the problem.
At that time, in my mind, the only problem was the devil. 
I’ve never wept as much as I have in realizing the shameful truth: 
Jesus already defeated the devil. 

Now His greatest problem in manifesting His ministry in my life is me. 
My heart’s desire, by the grace of God, is to live my remaining years not allowing 
myself to take over the throne of my life, where Jesus needs to be Lord and King.

It is all about Jesus—walking, talking, touching, and fully 
manifesting Himself on earth—until even the shadows of ordinary 
believers are transformed, through the power of the Holy Spirit, 
into the shadow of Jesus. 

This is not pie-in-the-sky theology.
This is precisely what God will do in the greatest awakening the world has 
ever seen which will usher in the return of the Lord Jesus Christ and
gather the final harvest.

The apostle Paul declared:
[I pray that] the eyes of your understanding [are] being enlightened; 
that you may know what is the hope of His calling, 
and the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 
and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe,
 according to the working of His mighty power. . . . 
Till we all come in the unity of the faith 
and of the knowledge of the Son of God
unto a perfect man, 
unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. 
(Ephesians 1:18-19; 4:13)

A perfect man! There is only one: Jesus. Attaining the measure of 
the stature of the fullness of Christ is not about preaching or singing, 
although these have a part. It’s not about programs or plans. It’s not 
even about ministries. It’s about Jesus—all His glory and all His riches 
and all His majesty—manifesting Himself as He chooses, where He 
chooses, and when He chooses, through us. I want to know Jesus as 
the disciples did, as the early church did. We want to reach out with 
a healing touch to those around us… 

Mike Evans Author - The Kiss of God

Comments

  1. That's a good word for all of us. I have found many times the Lord uses me most when I feel the least adequate in myself to bring anything of value to the table. It is really true "that no flesh should glory in his presence" 1 Cor 1.29.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting We appreciate your feedback.

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?