DAY - 17 I WILL TAKE THIS CITY



*** First Time Visitors ***
Please go to the First Time Visitors tab or  go to THE GAP tab 
If you want to share what we are doing with a friend please direct them using the URL for that page.
                                     ============================



Day 17 starts at sundown Wednesday

 "The Lord Himself rebuke you!" 

That's where I started my declarations as I drove up Madison Avenue to the hilltop area of Mankato. Declarations to the spirits who are squatters in this city that the Lord has made us ambassadors to.  

The Scriptural context that prompted my passion today was the passage where it records that when Michael contended for the body of Moses, he did not bring a railing accusation against the evil one,  he simply said  "The Lord Himself rebuke you!" 

I was amazed at how quickly my declarations took on a serious passion and a purpose, in just a few seconds, I found myself loudly declaring that the blood of Jesus that was shed for the people of Mankato. His Blood stands in opposition to the demonic spirits and to all of their activities.
His Blood stands against spirits of

  • hopelessness,
  • poverty,
  • despair,
  • rebellion,
  • seduction,
  • addictions,
  • suicide,
  • anger,
  • contention,
  • violence,

and murder that have settled in this region.
They may think they have our permission (as the Church) to make their residence here.  So let's be clear about what we are going to allow. 

Have we, by our silence, given permission for these spirits to operate in our city, in God's city?

No!  Not so!    -  "The Lord Himself rebuke you!" 

Don't grow weary in well doing... we are approaching the halfway point of the forty days and now is not the time to draw back, it is time to catch your second wind... to re-engage.

In this type of prayer and the nature of what God wants to do here....

It connected me somehow to the purpose I felt twenty one years ago; on Aug 16th 1992, God gave me a prophetic word about Mankato,  In the end it was this word that became the reason I picked up moved  my family here in 1993. 

This is the word I received in August of 1992

"Tell my children (in Mankato) to stop cursing their city, the city to which I have called them. 
Because they have said, "this is a dark place" and  because they have said "no lasting work of God has been established here."  I will take this city!










Comments

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?