DAY 5 - RENEW A RIGHT SPIRIT WITHIN ME


*** First Time Visitors ***
Please go to the First Time Visitors tab or  go to THE GAP tab 
If you want to share what we are doing with a friend please direct them using the URL for that page.
                                     ============================
Day 5 begins Friday at sundown 8:28 pm

Today's scripture comes from one of our group Aaron. Although this was a personal prayer of repentance by King David. Lets pray this as though it was the region that was crying out to the Lord, Especially verses 11-14.


Psalm 51

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

A Contrite Sinner’s Prayer for Pardon.

For the choir director. A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.

51 Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness;
According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity
And cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions,
And my sin is ever before me.
Against You, You only, I have sinned
And done what is evil in Your sight,
So that You are justified when You speak
And blameless when You judge.
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me.
Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being,
And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.
Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
]Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness,
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.
Hide Your face from my sins
And blot out all my iniquities.
10 Create]in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation

And sustain me with a willing spirit.
13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners will be converted to You.
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation;
Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.
15 O Lord, ]open my lips,
That my mouth may declare Your praise.
16 For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it;
You are not pleased with burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.
18 By Your favor do good to Zion;
]Build the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then You will delight in righteous sacrifices,
In burnt offering and whole burnt offering;
Then young bulls will be offered on Your altar.

Comments

  1. You are doing an awesome job in this season of prayer and intercession. I wanted to share a scripture with everyone that I received this morning in my time of devotion and prayer.

    Proverbs 31.8, 9

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the time yet to learn how to be an author on the blog site, but I wanted to pass a verse on as a possible one for a future day. On Thurs. morning I spent a half an hour down at Reconciliation Park praying and repenting for our sins. I believe God honors leaders who will stand as a representative and confess and repent for the sin of their geographical area and their forefathers. As I was leaving I felt God remind me a a verse. 1 John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify( cleanse) us from all unrighteousness. In the past I associated this verse with personal salvation , but the Lord gave me a new application. As I confessed the former sins of our heritage and current sins of our culture, God would be faithful to forgive us and bring the cleansing ( to us and our land). Tim W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though we have not meet, the Spirit within has caused me, in the past to offer prayers such as you have been led to do in bringing forth repentance in behalf of the native americans. also creating a right heart within. Restoring the land of bloodshed, to heal the cries of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.mahkatowacipi.org/

    i asked and the Spirit responded that someone in the group make a pubic statement of forgiveness at this upcoming event above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to reach out, We have been praying and considering this event since early 2013 and we certainly will be making declarations of confession taking on the responsibility of previous generations and declaring forgiveness to all parties from the Creator and Lord of all the Earth. I would welcome a conversation.

      Delete
  5. Greetings in our Lord and Savior who causes all events to happen in His timing. the time is this month, for the white man to make a public confession of forgiveness to our brothers and sisters, the Dakota people and to ALL native american peoples. it should be done on the stag at the beginning of the Mankato powwow and started by reading of the model prayer. this public statement should reflect an intersession for the US government's wrongful actions of the past of broken treaties, bloodshed, starvation, greed, and reservations forced on the native americans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would welcome the opportunity to be a part of reconciliation efforts with the Dakota and other nations at the beginning of the POW WOW held in Mankato. If you are a representative of the WAPICA or have connections with the leadership there, please go to the September 4 post or the September 5 post and read the word for word statements of confession and forgiveness. If these are desirable to have read at the POW WOW please invite us to come. You can leave the invitation as a comment here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no, i am not a member of WAPICA nor have connections. here is the contact. Dave Brave Heart, chairman 507-514-5088
    Dan Zielske 507-387-3572

    email, Mahkato.Wacipi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting We appreciate your feedback.

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?