DAY 4 - MEN ALWAYS OUGHT TO PRAY & NOT LOSE HEART

*** First Time Visitors ***
Please go to the First Time Visitors tab or  go to THE GAP tab 
If you want to share what we are doing with a friend please direct them using the URL for that page.
                                     ============================

DAY 4 - begins Thursday at Sundown 8:30 PM (Mankato) 



the GAP begins with soaking worship at 7-7:30 PM 
Sounds from the shofar the second sound is the one for repentance

Luke 18:1
Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.

Last night a young man intended to take his own life by jumping from Memorial Bridge. He was standing outside the railing on the Mankato side, just before 7 PM only a few feet from the the sight of the 1862 mass execution of the Dakota 38 + 2. 
I saw this as an attempt at Grandstanding by the enemy to show he is still has power here.  We are in the midst of 40 days of repentance for the sins of previous generations against the native nations, particularly the Dakota Indians. 

As I was on my way to pick up my daughter in Law from work, so I prayed in the car on the way and continued to pray when I arrived because I was a few minutes early . Twenty minutes later when I returned the bridge had been totally blocked off. Mankato and North Mankato police and fireman were engaged, at their own ends of the bridge. My fear was that perhaps he had jumped and they were sealing it off because it was a crime scene. I drove by the library and turned left on North Second street as we passed the bridge, to my joy I saw that the police had talked him down and he was safe for the time being.

Intercession is putting yourself in God’s place for healing and reconciliation

You cannot truly intercede through prayer if you do not believe in the reality of redemption. Instead, you will be simply turning intercession into useless sympathy for others, which will only serve to increase the contentment they have for remaining out of touch with God.

True intercession involves bringing the person, or the circumstance that seems to be crashing in on you, before God, until YOU are changed by His attitude toward that person or circumstance.

Intercession means to “fill up…{with} what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ” (Col. 1:24) and this is precisely why there are so few intercessors. People describe intercession by saying, “it is putting yourself in someone else’s place” That is not true! 

Intercession is putting yourself in God’s place; it is having His mind and His perspective.

As an intercessor, be careful NOT to seek too much information from God regarding the situation you are praying about, because you may be overwhelmed. 
If you know too much, more than God has ordained for you to know you cannot pray; the circumstances of the people become so overpowering, that you are no longer able to get to the underlying truth.

Our work is to be in such close contact with God that we may have His mind about everything, but we shirk that responsibility by substituting doing for interceding. 
And yet intercession is the only thing that has no drawbacks, because it keeps our relationship completely open to God.  

What we must avoid in in intercession is praying for someone to be simply “patched up.” We must pray that person completely through into contact with the very life of God. Think of the number of people God has brought across our path, only to see us drop them! When we pray on the basis of redemption, God creates something He can create in no other way than through intercessory prayer.

Comments

  1. Thank you for this encouragement today. In Hastings, where I live, we have one bridge which spans the Mississippi River. There had been many jumpers and vehicle accidents on that bridge up to about 5-6 years ago when our prayer group prayed for angels to be stationed on that bridge, to not allow any more jumpers or accidents. There has only been one such incident in these past years. A man did jump off of the bridge and landed in the water, swam to the shore where emergency people and vehicles were waiting. He had only a few scratches....the angels carried him safely to the water! It was exciting because our prayer group just happened to be downtown that evening and witnessed it.
    So, I declare that God's angels fill ALL the bridges in Mankato and Minnesota with the Glory presence of God, stand guard and not allow any injuries to occur. Praising Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Thurs. morning I spent a half an hour down at Reconciliation Park praying and repenting for our sins. I believe God honors leaders who will stand as a representative and confess and repent for the sin of their geographical area and their forefathers. As I was leaving I felt God remind me a a verse. 1 John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify( cleanse) us from all unrighteousness. In the past I associated this verse with personal salvation , but the Lord gave me a new application. As I confessed the former sins of our heritage and current sins of our culture, God would be faithful to forgive us and bring the cleansing ( to us and our land). Tim West

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very helpful for me today. I often find myself looking for to much information. Also I looked up the definition of shirk, that has been the case for me at times because of the overwhelming details at times. As I am still young in intercession I feel God growing me thru this time as well.
    Andy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting We appreciate your feedback.

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?