Thursday Night Prayer



*** First Time? Please go to the First Time Visitors Tab ***
If you want to share this with a friend please direct them using the URL for that page.
                                     ============================

We are a small group of individuals who pray, we meet on Thursday night from 7-9 PM. We have been meeting weekly now for over five years. Both men & women are welcome and both men and women visit us from time to time.  


We encourage each person to check their 'baggage' at the curb 
(leave the cares of this world outside the doors of the meeting) as much as possible.

  • We are here as intercessors, which means praying for others, most of whom may not be praying themselves.
  • We also take up prayer for our region, our city, government officials, and church leaders.


We use worship music, spiritual songs and instrumental music to helps us quiet our minds, and  to focus on what the Spirit is saying to us NOW. Then we come together in a circle and we share what we saw, heard or read in Scripture. 
Then we engage in combined prayer, 
We act together on what we discern God is directing us to do.

I plan to add the journal entries I have kept on our weekly meetings over the last couple of years here as weekly posts. 

I am also inviting some of these guys to share their thoughts here as well, by inviting the others we can fill in the blanks, the things I did not remember or that I missed while I was involved in playing music as a backdrop.

Here are a few books I recommend on contemplative prayer, of course there are others I would recommend as well...

Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ 
Praying The Bible - Wesley Campbell    
Good Morning Holy Spirit - Benny Hinn



  ...Please feel free to share this with a friend by sending them a link. Why not e-mail me with your comments.

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?