THE ORIGIN OF LIFE ETERNAL 5-5-13

*** First Time Visitors ***
Please go to the First Time Visitors tab or  go to Thursday Night tab 
If you want to share what we are doing with a friend please direct them using the URL for that page.
                                     ============================



I was having trouble connecting with the worship songs on this particular Sunday morning. physically sandwiched in the middle of a row. I was both agitated and bored at the same time. It could have been a God initiated dissatisfaction, to get me to become motivated to connect with Him in prayer. 

After several minutes of slow, soft worship, I decided, I needed to slip outside to walk and pray. I excused myself, as I slid out of the row. I grabbed my jacket off the back of my chair and turned for the foyer.  Once in the foyer, I was in the process putting my jacket on as I was headed toward the door.
A brother came up behind me suddenly and said, “Hey, where are you going?”  I said, "I was just headed out to pray.”

He said, “I was just going to call on you… in just a couple of minutes” 

I asked, “to do what?” 

He responded, “I can’t tell you but I want you to come up when I call on you.”

I immediately took off my jacket, hung it on the coat rack in the foyer and I went back in to the sanctuary. 

Now I was praying earnestly in the Spirit, standing in the back of the sanctuary. “Lord give me the strength and wisdom to do what this man asks of me. Put the words in my mouth.” A couple of minutes went by and then the brother stood and said, “David, come on up here, Pete, Roe, and John (a student).

Once we were all four standing up front, he quoted a Scripture about one generation telling the next about the wondrous works of God.  He said and that is what you are going to do…
If you had one chance to say one thing about God to the next generations about the wondrous works of God… what would you say?

Pete?, John?, Roe?, He let the other three go first and when he handed the microphone to me, for some unknown reason they all went and sat down including the brother leading the service! 

It was almost as though it were a set-up… I held the microphone in my hand for a second, breathed a quick prayer… and “slipped behind the veil…into the presence of the Holy One”

I started with an expression of what I felt in the moment. 

“Wow! What a challenge! What can I say to the next generation or to all of you for that matter, about the marvelous works of God.”  

I could feel the overshadowing of the Spirit of God.
I had a single thought rolling over in my mind, after that the Holy Spirit would have to take over. 

The phrase was this; 
“All of history points to this one event; 
All the past millennia have looked forward towards it and 
All future millennia will reflect back on it…" What is it?

 You could write a book, You could compose a symphony, or you could even raise great kids who do great things. You could love your wife, you could serve your church. You could preach, you could lead worship, you could travel the world…You could build a tower, you could build a nation, You could even even build a world empire.

but nothing you or I will ever do, will ever hold a candle to the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. 

Nothing will ever out do the finished work of Christ on the cross!

Nothing good that you accomplish, and nothing bad that you do, will ever unravel even a single thread of what Christ has accomplished, in His one act of obedience, redeeming and reconciling the world to God in Himself.

There is only one sin that will cause a person to go to Hell, and that SIN is to reject the righteousness of Jesus Christ freely given for you, for your redemption.

The bible says…
“He who knew (by experience) no sin, became Sin for us… that we (who never knew by experience) what it felt like to be righteous, to be guilt free, to be totally clean and pure) might become the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.”

Salvation has never been based on what you or I did, whether what we did was right or wrong. 

It never depended on what you or I have failed to do; it depends ONLY on Jesus doing what was righteous.

He through His obedience delivered us from our Adamic sin nature. He restored to us the God Nature through the only begotten Son, not born of Adam, but born of the Spirit and born of a woman.





Other blogs by Taavi...
The Road Not Traveled
At Home in MN

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?