DAY 39 - ASK WHAT YOU WILL... I WILL DO IT!







DAY 39 - Starts at Sundown  (7:34 pm) Thursday September 12
*** First Time Visitors, Please go to the First Time Visitors Tab ***
To share what we are doing with a friend, direct them using the URL for that page  ============================


Praying With Confidence

  This past Sunday I was in the worship service at church and nothing special was really happening until the Lord came to me and began to speak. He said, “Whatever you ask me to do I will do it!” 

Needless to say I’ve been taken back for a couple of days just thinking about unpacking this rhema word from the Lord. This is the second time in the last three years that the Lord has visited me with the same word, but the difference this time is that I’m more prepared spiritually to respond.
   
Not only have I grown in many ways, but the present call of Teshuva or 40 days of returning to the Lord have brought a sense of purity and cleanness that is rather extraordinary. 

When our group gathered at the headwaters of the Blue Earth River to pray, intercede and ask for cleansing and forgiveness something amazing was being transferred to us from God’s presence.  I don’t think any of us who were there know all God was doing but I walked away with a tremendous sense of cleansing. 

The more we obey the Lord in the small and big things He gives us to do, the closer we draw near to Him and a greater level of trust is established between us. The greater benefit being that the Lord is able to trust us more fully and release for us, greater spiritual authority because He knows we won’t abuse it.

Praying With Knowledge
“I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead I call you friends, for EVERTHING that I learned from my Father I have MADE KNOWN TO YOU. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you WHATEVER YOU ASK IN MY NAME.”   John 15.15, 16
Usually the Lord speaks to His people, as they are pressing in to know Him in a greater way. 
In these times of entering into the delight of God’s presence, is when He likes to speak to His intimate friends. If you have uncovered yourself and become intimate with the Lord then He will do the same for you. It’s in these times that we are included in His awesome plans to build His kingdom. 

I remember one of these times that the Lord began to tell me that He wants to share with His children what He is doing. That it is actually for us to know and not be in the dark about His happenings.  

“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”   1 John 5.14, 15

God is not going to answer every single prayer of every immature believer who has no sense of understanding about the consequences of their particular request. Someone has said that the Lord doesn’t hear in the sense of hearing and responding directly to all prayer, but only prayer that is in line with His will. 

The understanding of this is that we must become one with the ONE who can do something about our problems. We take the time to get God’s insight through His word and by the Spirit through prayer then we’re better equipped to ask according to His will.

All the promises in God’s word become our promised land but just like the Israelites we must enter into that land and begin to possess it. In many ways it would be easier if it were a literal, physical land but usually it is not, in the sense of expanding God’s kingdom. The areas that come to mind in our region are:
  1.  healthy marriages, 
  2. salvation of all ages, 
  3. strong families, 
  4. educational systems, 
  5. political systems, 
  6. strong churches, 
  7. deliverance from addictions and bondages, 
  8. spiritual leaders set on fire, 
  9. spiritual revelation, 
  10. healing, 
  11. reconciliation, 
  12. strong relationships, and many more.
    We believe here in the Mankato region that the answer to the question, 

“Is this your promised land?”       is absolutely YES! 

How does that work? I’m not absolutely sure, but I know that the Lord wants to partner with His people and release greater authority in the earth so we can see His purposes being established in our lives and communities.  

“But I will not drive them out in a single year, because the land would become desolate and the wild animals too numerous for you. Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land.”  Exodus 23.29, 30
Maybe the increase God wants to do among us is internally of the heart and spirit. 
As we grow into these things spiritually we will be built up and able to carry the answer when God gives it to us instead of losing the very things He puts in our hand. 

I know I have experienced the loss of real spiritual things the Lord has given me because I was too immature to carry it to fruition.  It is with a great sense of godly fear, trembling, and humility that we approach words like “whatever you ask I will give you.”

On the other hand could it be that we were created for this day and time in history for such a time as this?


Ask what you will... 

Blessings
Don Millican
   




Various writings from the past
The Road Not Taken
At Home In MN

         

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?