DAY 28 - DOES THE FLAME BURN BRIGHTER IN YOUR HAND?


*** First Time Visitors ***
Please go to the First Time Visitors tab or  go to THE GAP tab 
If you want to share what we are doing with a friend please direct them using the URL for that page.
                                     ============================
Day 28 begins at sundown Sunday

Last night a few of us gathered at Perkins in the Hilltop area of Mankato to get acquainted or reacquainted as the case might be. Phil introduced everyone since he was the connecting point for this group from Mankato, as well as a group of intercessors from MN, IA, and WI. Among those who came was a musician songwriter, Paul Kyle. He and I met at a meeting in Minneapolis of the Apostolic fathers back in the spring of 2000 and that day he played a song that had impacted me and I still remembered one line from it 13 years later.

"Does the flame burn brighter, in your hand then it burned in your Father's hand, when he said its your turn?"


I cannot remember how it happened, but later that day but I tried to share a new song I had written and as I remember I didn't do my best job at it, perhaps I was a little intimidated, by the whole room of leaders. The other thing I remember is the encouragement I received that day from Paul. to continue writing songs. Thank you Paul, for your song and your words of encouragement in 2000. It was a pleasure to see you again and get reacquainted last night.

I asked Paul if he could play that song for us last night and we were amazed at how a song written13 years ago is so applicable to the current prayer campaign. The things of God are timeless.

I am attending a wedding this afternoon so I am off...
 
Let Paul's song be your prayer guide today does the flame burn brighter in my hand, than it burned in the hand of my father, when he handed me the torch and said it's your turn. go to our music and find the mp3 file on the CD with a flame on the cover.

Pray like this:
God let the flame burn brighter in my hand, than it burned in the hand of my father, and in the hand of my father's, father.
Don't let the flame diminish in my generation
Don't let it go out for those born after 1984 

In our circles a prophetic song has come up about God moving in these days, in this place and among us.


In these daysIn these days, Pour out your SpiritIn this place, Like flames of fireIn our lives, Burn ever brighter
So that...in these days,in this placein our lives, you will be glorified.





The Road Not Taken

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?