TNP - THIS WAS NOT A GROUP OF GIDDY SCHOOL GIRLS GATHERED FOR A PAJAMA PARTY!

*** First Time Visitors ***
Please go to the First Time Visitors tab or  go to Thursday night tab 
If you want to share what we are doing with a friend please direct them using the URL for that page.
============================

Have you ever been in a situation where you missed someone or anticipated missing someone so much that you ached inside to see them one more time, to spend one more hour with them? We hit that kind of a place this last Thursday night. We were in a time of prayer immediately following a time of worship.

I got the idea to go to a rarely used variation on an E chord in the upper register of my guitar.

I struck that single chord, and immediately I began to get the sense of a detailed picture unfolding of a lovesick maiden, as I continued to play that chord progression, I began and I believe others in the room began to feel it as well. desperation for His presence. A deep yearning to see His face, a consuming drive to reach out and commune with Jesus the lover of our souls. I could not find words for what I was feeling as the music continued to pour over me. All I could do was hum or sing la la la to the lilting melody line.

This was not a group of giddy schoolgirls, gathered for a pajama party!

This was a group of grown men ages 27 up to the early eighties. There was not a lot of outward, verbal expression of emotions, but we were all affected. We stayed in that place for almost 45 minutes, in the most intimate worship time of hungering for more of Him. After 25 minutes of playing the same chord progression, I thought my fingers were going to cease working. They were in pain from the repetitive use of the seldom-used fourth and fifth fingers in all the chords used in this spontaneous song. But I played on because the hunger was there in me and in the room, so intense, so tangible, so central to the moment.

What was happening? the brothers were not saying much, not that I heard anyway, but some were kneeling, some were sitting, and at one point all stood up independently, and we worshiped on.  I think in a way God was showing us that He really does love us and desires to be with us. Perhaps more than we want to be with Him. In a way I believe, He was letting us feel His lovesick heart toward us.  You could almost hear the Spirit whispering scriptures like this one. 
"Come away with me my love."     or again
"Let Him kiss me with the kisses of His mouth" 
As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God.  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?                              Psalm 42:1-2 
He always answers to deep hunger, He responds to extreme thirst. For the first time in a long time,  I could say with conviction with the psalmist, my soul pants for you like the deer pants for the water brooks. 

Check back I will share my prophetic picture tomorrow Lovesick and Famished for Love


MY HEART DESIRES YOU - A spontaneous song of intimacy. 
Using power chords from better is one day Matt Redman

E             E          C#m7                  Bsus                    A2 
7th fret                   4th fret             2nd fret               open

E             E          C#m7                  Bsus                    A2 


E           A2          Bsus       


E           A2           C#m7                  Bsus                    A2      



C#m7                  Bsus                    A2                 


Singing phrases of desire and hunger and thirst.

This is Matt Redman's version of the Psalmist's phrase.

How lovely is Your dwelling place, Oh Lord Almighty
My soul longs and even faints for You
For here my heart is satisfied,   within Your presence
I  sing beneath the shadow of Your wings
Better is one day in Your courts
Better is one day in Your house
Better is one day in Your courts
Than thousands elsewhere

One thing I ask, and I would seek,to see Your beauty,
To find You in the place Your glory dwells

My heart and flesh cry out,
For You the living God
Your Spirit's water for my soul
I've tasted and I've seen,
Come once again to me.
I will draw near to You.
I will draw near to You




Comments

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?