Piñatas - Broadcasting His Goodness

I was half awake lying in my bed, musing on the words given at the Prayer Summit in our city and region, I was praying for the move of God in the Church and in me personally. I want to be vessel of honor in His house, as I am sure you do. I was lying there and asking God to fill me, to use me, to speak His word to me, to make me a vessel of honor. 

This afternoon, I will be going into the prophecy rooms to prophesy over people who are coming for encouragement, edification, and comfort. I was asking the Lord to begin to fill me even now, for the individuals who will be coming in this afternoon. I began to get prophetic words, while I was still lying in bed, I heard them as though they were being spoken by me over this one or that one.

It reminded me of a night many years ago, that I saw a friend being filled with precious gemstones from her feet to the top of her head. And I was praying for Father to fill me in that same way again today; to fill me with words (precious gems) for His children, who will coming to the prophecy rooms today. So that they can know His tender lover toward them, taste His goodness and rejoice! And I saw Him filling me up, but I was not a jar like my friend but rather, I was a piñata.

I began to ask God to fill me up with sweet words for his children and that when a demand is put on me to deliver, the Holy Spirit would split me open like a piñata and the sweetness of Father would spill out for his children.  

What I saw was, a flood of words being poured out, not just a small word here and a small word there, but a flood of words that covered the MN River Valley. They just kept coming out of my mouth, not in serial fashion but in parallel fashion. Not one word, was waiting for another, but they were all rushing out at the same time, like an explosion. 
This is what it must have been like for the crowd gathered on the day of Pentecost, when they each heard the apostles, speaking the marvelous works of God in their own language. No one was waiting for an interpreter, they each heard instantaneously the word spoken in their own language. 

Then I heard myself prophesying a word to someone today that they are being called as a piñata too. of course in one sense then, we are all called to be piñatas.

Then I saw it... in a flash and I was moved, so I got up to write this out at 4:30 in the morning.  

I saw Jesus, the Lamb of God, hanging from the tree, He was the first and greatest piñata.  He was raised up from the earth and they struck him and beat him, until their blows began to tear His flesh.  The final perceiving with a spear, opened the flood gates and out of his side the treasure spilled onto the earth below, forever redeeming Adam (earth) and all of his children.  When they broke through his side out of it flowed the sweetest thing to those of us,  His children; the redeeming blood of the lamb and the water of the Word made flesh.
Surely, He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken,  smitten by God, and afflicted 
Isaiah 53:4  
"His blood speaks a better word." 
I was moved more deeply, as I had just prayed make me a piñata. 

The thought hit me that we are all called to fill up what is lacking in His afflictions. 

Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions. Colossians 1:24 (the Apostle Paul)


I cried out God “whenever I am mistreated let sweetness come out of my belly."

I saw the 'explosion of love' that Cory was praying for last night, as time after time the piñata was struck and out sprayed the candy, the sweetness poured out the very one who struck it.

I was reminded again how Jesus forgave those who took a swing at him saying, "Father forgive them they do not know what they are doing." like little children blindfolded striking out blindly at the piñata, they too were blind and didn't know who it was they were striking. 

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to griefWhen You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.  
He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities.  
Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong, Because He poured out His soul unto deathAnd He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many, And made intercession for the transgressors.   Isaiah 53:10-12
"In the world, you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer... for I have overcome the world." -Jesus- 

Traditional Mexican piñatas in Spanish, are thought to have originated from the Aztecs and Mayans.
Now, the Mexican tradition of making pinatas has spread worldwide, appearing in birthday parties and celebrations around the world. Traditionally, the pinata is filled with candy and hung from a string. Blindfolded children then take turns trying to hit the pinata with a bat until it breaks, after which they scramble to collect the treat 

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?