CAN YOU HEAR THE SOUND OF HIS STILL SMALL VOICE... CAN YOU HEAR THE SOUND OF HIS VOICE LIKE THUNDER.?


PRAYER SUMMIT 2016




Allen Hood Spoke Thursday Night at the Prayer Summit on the Key verse of Psalm 27, and it was not verse 4.

One thing I have desired of the Lord,That will I seek:That I may dwell in the house of the LordAll the days of my life,To behold the beauty of the Lord,And to inquire in His temple.

He went on to describe that King David was in a terribly debilitating place.

In the midst of a National Crises,
involving a military rebellion,
chased out of his palace home,
away from the tent of the Presence.

Shamed by an open display of sexual immorality on the very same rooftop where he had begun his choice of sin.
Absalom (His son) becomes intimate with David's concubines (wives)
Some of David's trusted advisors, joined the rebellion against him
they even planned his assassination.


The loss of the palace, the position, the presence and his dignity, David leaves and returns to a former life experience, that of a fugitive running into the wilderness of Judah. As history repeats itself he is fleeing for survival from a murderous King and the entire army of the nation.

The real return was not primarily David's return to the wilderness but rather a return to hearing the voice of God as a whisper saying, "David seek my face"

When we are in crises, hounded, wounded surrounded, confounded, and hopeless. We need to strengthen ourselves to seek the Lord just as David did.

It was at this very moment that David seemed to change directions dramatically. So much so, that some scholars try to break this Psalm into two Psalms because the change of the language is so dramatic.

Verse 7-9 is the key of this chapter.
Hear, O Lordwhen I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
Let us cry with David whether or not we are currently in trouble "Your face, Lord I will seek."

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?