TNP - LET THE FIRE FALL!




TNP – Let the Fire Fall on the Altar --APRIL 12, 2012

We are in midst of the Feast of Unleavened bread, and Passover and Resurrection Sunday have just passed.

Noble - shared that he has been saved for 60 years but he feels as though he has been reborn in the last several months.
Josiah came with Noble – he said “this is real!”
Don - We declared the scripture in Joshua 23 “As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.”
David S – Initiated prayer for consecrating our children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.  and talked about the song “Is Your All on the Altar of Sacrifice Laid?"  Mentioned Genesis 22:2 where Abraham put Isaac up on the altar of sacrifice. Even though he was the very son of promise that came out of a covenant with God.

We (verbally, in prayer) placed the spiritual lives of our children and our children’s children on the altar for consecration and called down, (figuratively), the fire of God onto the altar to burn up all that hinders them in having a walk with Christ.

LATER THAT SAME NIGHT…

I arrived home directly from prayer around 11:00 pm and thought I smelled a hint of smoke just outside the door of our guest room, where a young man was spending the night.  I shrugged it off, after checking for anything suspicious. I put my pajamas on, and as I walked past his door again, I thought I smelled a whiff of wood smoke, and it was a little stronger this time.  I went upstairs to my bedroom, but on the way I stopped and asked my daughter to check with him verbally, to make sure he did not light a candle or something like that.  She responded back, he had not lit any candles or anything else. 

I said to my daughter, “Okay, I just don’t want the house to burn down in the middle of the night.
  
Early the next morning my wife woke me with the news that this same young man's (adopted) parent’s house, starting on fire during the hours we slept.  Because, I had sent my daughter to ask him, both of them knew that I had smelled wood smoke hours before the fire and that both my comments and sensations were acknowledged before the fire started.  

My immediate question was, Did God want me to take action in some way, to prevent this from happening? 

Did I miss Him on what I was supposed to do? 

Was I not listening? or did He have me pray that way in the meeting, without my knowing what was about to occur? 

If this young man had not moved out of this house a few months earlier he might have been in the basement of the house asleep during that fire, only God knows what might have occurred.

Fortunately, everyone escaped without injury. 


Various writings from the past
The Road Not Taken
At Home In MN

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?