TNP - THE LARGE ALTAR & THE TINY TINDER BOXES

*** First Time Visitors, Please go to the First Time Visitors Tab ***
If you want to share what we are doing with a friend please direct them using the URL for that page.
                                     ============================


07-11-2013 –   THE LARGE ALTAR & Tiny Tinder Boxes

THE BLACK ALTAR – with very little fire
As we were praying tonight I got two vivid pictures, I could not shake them out of my mind’s eye.
The first picture was the corner of a large square metal altar the bottom half was made of solid metal and the top half had an open grid work. This altar looked like it had not yet been used, so it would have to be consecrated.

It reminded me of the description of the brazen altar of Solomon’s temple.  Although it was very large it would not be adequate to handle all of the sacrifices offered, just as in Solomon’s day of dedication, another altar had to be used to handle all of the thousands of sacrifices made in that one day.

I could see the ground on the inside of the altar and it was bare, I could see tan earth at the edges of the black metal.
In other words there was not enough wood to make the fire begin to fill the altar, or large enough to make the altar functional. 

I sensed a fire had been started but is was just way too small. There were no offerings made yet but the time was near. I knew men would be coming with their sacrifices.

I also saw NO priests standing to serve.
There was no one to take the offerings from the participants and to lay out the pieces on the altar, or sprinkle the blood on the horns of the altar and on the sides of it. All the time I was sensing we need to get this functional, men are coming to sacrifice to the Lord. I anticipated burnt sacrifices… bulls, goats, sheep.

The Shepherds came in with their TINY Tinder boxes
A call went out and men came walking in single file, they entered into the room and circled the fire. They each had a silver or a black box in their hands, about the size of a Velveeta box. Mostly they were silver but there were a few black ones. 

They held them reverently as one holds something precious with both hands centered at waist height and in front of them. They came silently, humbly, almost timidly. As they approached the altar they were clinging to their boxes.  

I saw Jesus sitting by the fire which burned on the altar. 

As I was watching them circle the fire, it was as though I could hear their thoughts. 
"What am I supposed to do? This is my tinder box, the one God gave me when I started in Ministry. This is how I light a little fire in my ministry. If I let go of this, my fire may be snuffed out and 
I will not be able to start it again."  

Time passed and Jesus just waited patiently without a word. 
Gradually one by one they reluctantly placed their little silver boxes into His hands. Jesus held each one for moment looking at it with great affection. 


Then he held it up to heaven and dropped it over the rim of the altar which was about chest high, into the fire. 



The men walked up and each man handed over his tinder box, each time another box was added to the fire on the altar the fire grew significantly. 

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

2, 22, 222, 2222 - Keys to the House of David

I WAS THERE, GOD DID THAT, AND 45 YEARS LATER I GOT THE HOODIE

A WRINKLE IN TIME... another JESUS PEOPLE movement?